Blind tests have been performed on several corroded spool pieces with ARTEMIS, with exciting results.
- A major operating company prepared four spool pieces for blind testing
- All spool pieces contain corrosion features and are coated with a shrink wrap field joint coating
- Prior to coating all of the pipes have been inspected using a standard AUT inspection method
- Full Data on one of the spools has been supplied as a reference for the inspection
- The pipes have been shipped from the PRCI pipe store in Houston to the Halfwave laboratory in Portland UK.
Sample Pipe Details
- Pipe diameter: 16” OD
- Pipe length: 1000 mm
- Pipe thickness: 0.500” (12.7 mm)
- Pipe material: X52 and X60
- Shrink wrap type: Canusa PP or PE heat shrink wrap
- Coating thickness: 2.3 – 2.5 mm
The pipes have been inspected using the Halfwave tank facility and using the ARTEMIS system
- Client advised that all defects were identified and sizing expectations were met
ARTEMIS has provided data measurement quality on par with existing automated ultrasonic systems without the need for field coating removal. The operator selected the ARTEMIS in-field subsea inspection with results that well exceeded expectations for flexibility, quality and accuracy. A new and valuable tool has been added to the industry's toolbox for pipeline integrity assurance!