36’’ Australian Pipeline Inspection, September 2014
36" Gas export line, inspected with full data collection, at very high gas velocities
36’’ Australian Pipeline Inspection
- 36’’ carbon steel pipeline
- 182 km
- Inspection in multiphase flow conditions
- High speeds: 5 - 8 m/s
- Offshore launch and onshore receive
- 24-44 mm wall thickness
- Inspection operation at 100 – 70 bar
- Key Integrity threat: internal corrosion
The ART Scan™ tool was selected for this inspection, since ART Scan™ does not need speed control and has the ability to measure to full wall thickness at speed.
- No HSE incidents
- Full inspection of the line with high accuracy data collection
- ART Scan functioned without any sensor loss from launch to receive
- No reduction in flow with speed ranging from 5,2 to 8,2 meters per second.
- The inspection pushed out 3 000 m3 liquid (this was a 5 km column in the line).
- Significant cost saving: full production was maintained during the ILI
- The next project was awarded by Woodside to Halfwave, which has since been completed